Thursday, August 6, 2009

electricity and starfish--

ok so this is our power meter-- you may note that it says 0.0 = we had no power (why there is a rotten little happy face mocking us there no one knows)... the funny thing is that I went to the store to buy more and couldn't- because there was no power there- ha! don't worry after 6 plus hours everything is great and I am on my computer :)
ok so the story starts with the black and white one at the bottom (they aren't in order) then it goes to this one above, then the one right above the black and white, then the one right under us. It was funny beacause she had Mr. Starfish and loved him- then a wave came= she thought she could save him (Ironically from his life giving water) and herself- but she couldn't so as the water got higher she abandoned him- so cute :)

goodbye!


ah! the water is rising...

I love my friend.




5 comments:

bryce and paige said...

I was laughing so hard at the electricity thing! Hello!? My propane went out when I was half way done cooking dinner tonight. So made the rice and the sweet and sour sauce in the microwave. I wanted a treat, of course, 10 minutes later, and put marshmellow and butter in a bowl, and half way through that cooking, the microwave blew up. I have no method to cook anything at all right now. what a complete joke and don't worry, Lucy had peanuts for dinner. ps-sorry for the longest story and how fun that Emmy found a starfish, LOVE HER!

nicole said...

That's so so cute about the starfish....I love you guys again and again and again and again and come back NOWWWWWWWWWWW....but just know that I am happy you guys are having that experience. It's nice cause Emmy just get's to have the time of her life without all the worries or stresses of life over here....you just go to the ocean and seem to have such a carefree life right now. I know it's not exactly carefree...you have to cook everything from scracth and I know there's alot of other things like smiley face electric meters...but you know what I mean:):) i'm happy for you guys but miss you like crazy crazy crazy and if Jason's not a doctor in St. George i'm going to KILL HIM

The Frederick Family said...

basically i love the starfish story!! how cute! she is so sweet! sorry about the power, that's not cool at all.. glad it's back on though!

ronborchardt@yahoo.com said...

I think the blog and the narrative
need to be sold as a book...
Our Island Adventure
I love seeing Emmy as she continues to explore her world.

Someone has to raise the giants who rule the world.

Beach Borchardts said...

Love the star fish story but I read Nicole's comment and if Jason IS a doctor in St George I'M going to kill him!!!!!!