Friday, February 12, 2010

don't worry- it wasn't here- but VOLCANO!!!

yes, the ASH covered stroller-
I should have wiped some away for contrast-
oh well- I threw those shoes in it and there was
puff that looked like a mini volcano in and of itself.


this one is the best- these are BLACK shorts-yay.


you can't really see- I should have written my name-
but the balcony is slippery and the rail on the left is
normally a DARK brown when ashfree.


A volcano erupted on an island called Montserrat...
The island is just one island over (to the north of ours)~
Guadeloupe is in between us.
And there is a thin layer of ash everywhere.
Sadly, I didn't take down our laundry yesterday
(that's what I get for being lazy) so now everything is a touch ashy...
We didn't hear or feel anything,
but this morning it looked a little like it was snowing...
Although usually it doesn't snow when it is 70 degrees outside :)
The sky is gray, which is strange, since it is usually so blue.
At first I thought that the sky was just wierd and that a huge storm must be coming...
and that Emmy had somehow gotten flour all over the balcony=
but then Jason called and I looked at the laundry and everything else around me
and FINALLY put 2 and 2 together!
Needless to say it has been YET another fab Dominican experiance-

2 comments:

nicole said...

hiiiiiiiiiiiiii can you call me what is going on with your phone I can't get through! Well it's nothing serious I just really wanna talk to you. Okay love you and miss you and can't wait till you get here :)

Beach Borchardts said...

oh goodness! I asked about that laundry this morning! ha!! Then no power....is that related?? Insane! Shake the laundry and off you go! ha!! Never a dull moment!!!