Monday, March 31, 2014

Cavanaugh Jay's birth!

 We started our day at the hospital- started on PIT at 6:00 am and labor got underway ;)

 everyone came to visit once my epidural was in-- I was dilated to a 6 here and my water had been broken- Josh and Papa watched the kids through the whole ordeal and they had the time of their lives!
 My mom was there for the birth and I cant explain how thankful I am for her support
 here we are waiting-- I was at a 7 but really feeling it-- I had a very light epidural- the nurse put me on my side and in less than 10 minutes I was complete and Cavanaugh's heart rate was decelerating- a LOT-- chaos then ensued-- they did a quick vacuum suck and had me basically push my guts out with no contraction and no air-- but he was out in 3 pushes-- very intense pushes. He didn't cry right away = but grunted and cried after a few seconds...
 his Apgar was 9/9 meaning he was so very healthy- then about 10 minutes out he decided to have serious trouble breathing-- his oxygen level was great-- but his little chest was pulling so hard


 they worked on him for what seemed like forever-- I still hadn't seen him at this point...
 he was beautiful though ;)
 seriously?! cutest boy alive.

 gorgeous!
 they decided he needed to go to the NICU for " just a few hours" its been 10-- they are dirty liars.
 at this point I got to meet my boy and hold him for a whole 3 minutes before they took him away...
 to say it was hard doesn't even describe my feelings.
He is our first NICU baby and I'm very thankful that we haven't had to have this experience before...
 there he is in his little "sad baby box" as I call it with the girls.
 and here is in the NICU- he is such a little stud and is doing incredibly!
 his oxygen saturation is amazing and he only has ttn-- which means that the transition during labor was just too fast
 he is still breathing a little fast-- which means that he is on a c pap machine- with room air--
 so as soon as his little breathing is a tiny bit calmer- he is ours!
 yipee-- he couldn't be cuter- or more enjoyable-  I love him.


so all in all we have a LARGE- 8 POUNDS 15 OUNCES - 21 inches long- adorable, strong baby boy-- who is an excited breather ;) can't wait for his brother and sisters to meet him soon ;)

7 comments:

Jessie said...

congrats on a perfect baby boy!! so sad he has to be in the nicu for a bit, but he'll be in your arms SOON, and you don't have to share him ever again. :) also, you are the most beautiful in-labor and just-after-having-a-baby person EVER. also, is it me or is his hair slightly red??? gorgeous, either way. congrats again! we love you guys!

Douglass McArthur said...

I'm praying for you Cavan and you! It's awful to not be able to hold your little one after you've done all this work for 9 months and then labor...it's like where's my reward for all my hard work. Plus you just want so badly to connect with your child and love him and feel the amazing feeling it is to hold your child in your arms! They had to take Colt away because of breathing complications too. I couldn't even sleep because I just desired to be close to my child. My heart goes out to you. Love you so much Liz and pray you'll be reunited soon.

Gifford, Marci, Zach& Savy said...

Congrats you guys what a cuties he is . But you two make such beautiful kids. It is scarybwhen your babies are rushed away. This happened to Jacob. So scary. But he is doing great. So hard not to be able to hold your new born. I felt like I missed out on bonding with him. But he is just fine. So I guess it didnt warp him to much ;) . Glad he has a doctor for a daddy to keep an eye on him. Loves to you guys

Gifford, Marci, Zach& Savy said...

Congrats you guys what a cuties he is . But you two make such beautiful kids. It is scarybwhen your babies are rushed away. This happened to Jacob. So scary. But he is doing great. So hard not to be able to hold your new born. I felt like I missed out on bonding with him. But he is just fine. So I guess it didnt warp him to much ;) . Glad he has a doctor for a daddy to keep an eye on him. Loves to you guys

Michigan Roys said...

Congratulations. Sorry it was so scary but I am sure things are going better now.

Grammy said...

Thanks Lizzy for posting all these AND then sending me a link! I hate I couldn't be there but LOVE you for sharing all these! See you soon, love you all!!!

Josh and Kelly said...

Glad everything ended up okay, what torture to have him in the Nicu! He is such a cutie!