Sunday, July 10, 2011

the 4th of July!

What would the Fourth be without a firework burn?- she survived though!
This was Emmy's first REAL 4th of July~
In that, she was in the USA and was old enough to enjoy in the festivities anyways~ we didn't have a TV set up yet- so sadly I missed The Capital Fourth- this is something that I even watched in Dominica- so I really was sad- but- we got to play with fireworks as a family instead--it reminded me of my childhood at the cottage with my grandfather lighting firecrackers over the lake--- ahh those were the good old days.
this time was not quite as charming as my childhood memories of the cottage- as we were in a little bit ghetto of an apartment complex parking lot-- but it was so fun because it was in South Carolina- our temporary home and we were together- and in America- who cares that it was drizzling?
Here are the pyros-- please note that Jason's face is by FAR the most excited- he was delighted about the fireworks laws here in SC- and said that 1/2 of the ones we lit were illegal in Cali. We had a few scares like when J forget that Roman Candles do indeed shoot out and far (not a great plan to angle towards the trees) but it was a VERY fun time- the girls loved it, J loved it and as anyone who is reading this blog knows- I LOVE AMERICA and feel so blessed to be here-God bless it!

8 comments:

Mama Smith said...

Absolutely DARLING PICTURES, Liz!

Beach Borchardts said...

Gooooooooooooooood Bless America (to be sung) Laaaaaaaaaand that I love.....How fun!

bryce and paige said...

I LOVE this. What a fun family time. You're in SC?!!! I thought you were in GA? I can't keep track of you! We have to skype soon! Like immediately. I miss you. We ALL miss you. We visited Liz Prince a couple months ago and Lucy had the time of her life with Liz, but when it was over she said, now it's time to see the other Liz with Emmy!

Amber said...

The collage of Emmy with her sparkler is the most beautiful thing ever! Way to capture the moment Liz! Although I was slightly concerned for the well being of her tiger. :)

Carrie said...

Autumn wants to steal her Dora crocs! Cute pics!

Cameron and Kaley Stymeist said...

I love Emmy's sad face...so stinking cute! Love and miss you guys!

Josh and Kelly said...

Yes, this is horrible, but I LOVE Emmy's sad burned face!!! So so cute!

Grammy said...

So I'm on Rich's computer, seeing if I can comment... LOVE the 4th pics - so beautiful. J is and always has been my #1 pyro - probably his best holiday... girls are beautiful,as usual!