Thursday, October 13, 2011

September 29, 2011 Goodbye to Emmy's Binky.

We gathered up all of Emmy's binks and left them on the the table for the Binky Fairy to come and take them.
Something I wasn't expecting was that Emmy has gotten less attached to her loveys since the Binky left-- I was thinking it would be the opposite.
She fell asleep in her little pile-- I sobbed-- and I mean, broke down~ full on broke down. When the fairy came.
We had been talking about it forever-- so Emmy was ready-- the first day there were 2 little sad moments--and the second day there was only one--She went do bed without a peep and has been just fine-- the moral of the story wait until your kid is almost 3 and they will have an easy adjustment!

4 comments:

Carrie said...

OH my you made ME cry! Maybe because I will be doing this next month when Auttie turns 3!!

Beach Borchardts said...

This was heartbreaking!!!

Josh and Kelly said...

Love her sad faces, I know that may sound cruel but she is adorable!!! Glad the adjustment was easy, and how is it that our children are going to be 3???!!!

Jessie said...

i tried to leave a comment before, but it didn't work...

emmy has the cutest sad face ever, and i am sad for her too. losing a paci officially makes her a big girl, not a baby. :(

matix says "good job emmy, now we can get married." :)