Friday, August 15, 2014

Emmy- first day- pics from my phone- more cutie pics to come

Here she is!!! My most favorite kindergartener 
The finished product
The alarm went off- and I had to disturb this- nooooo
Ems got up easily- as did Callahan- Ellie I had to carry asleep to the car...
As we parked the Kienes pulled up next to us! Tender mercy- the atmosphere was a lot lighter and more excited with friends around!
The little sisters wanted in on the picture action!
We walked in- she went right to her cubby and hung up her backpack
Then we went and she sat at her place and made friends with the girl next to her.    She did so well and was so brave!! She stayed strong until I was at the door and she waved and said "bye mom!" And I saw a tremor- I turned back as I walked out and she had put her little head down and was crying- it was horrible- and took everything I had to not go give her one last kiss. But I knew it wouldn't make it better- so I prayed and cried my way out of the school. Luckily, Marilyn was still there saying goodbye to aurora and she gave her a little hug and she was stopping before she left. The night before she was crying and said "my heart is literally breaking" I felt exactly the same way.
I bawled all the way home- and Ellie finally said "mommy, we can still have fun- can you not cry all the time?" I love her!! 
I picked her up and she was great! Grinning ear to ear and declaring that she loved school- here she is in her victory pose. I couldn't be prouder or love that little girl more.

No comments: