Monday, December 5, 2011

The move~

Our move was a little while ago- but I'm catching up and it was classic so I needed to post this-- we had given our 30 day notice so that our last day was Thursday- the ward was coming Thursday night after work to help us move- Friday morning was the walk through- we then dropped off the moving van and right afterwards we left for LA to meet Justin, Bran Bran and crew at Mickey's Halloween Party at 4:00pm-- insanity right? All in all it went off without a hitch-- Jason had a VERY intense schedule at the time-- meaning I got to pack up the house (a lot we left packed) while wrestling with 2 little darlings under 2- fun times-- I got everything packed and arranged and even managed to make halloween costumes-- I was feeling pretty good about myself-- until mayhem ensued-- in a miriad of little situtions-- I captured just a few of them on film- enjoy.
nice.



Yes-- she is sucking on a sucker-- not the best choice- but MUCH better than the lightbulbs in the picture that I found her sucking on-- but did not photograph.


Our new house-- love it!


Our Super hero ward came through for us and the move was VERY fast!


OK- so all of these items were things I found my children with-- and didn't stop to take a picture-- Emmy was marching around with the hatchet crowbar- like it was her flagstaff in colorguard. Ellie was sucking on the food processor blade- it's a miracle she still has a tongue. Both girls had nails in their mouths, ears and other bizarre places-- what were they thinking?! And so, though I was mother of the year for just a moment-- the title has been revoked-- BUT I think I deserve honorable mention for keeping the kids whole when they were so obviously bent on self destruction.

3 comments:

Beach Borchardts said...

Has the HRS shown up yet? If not, they will!
At least your children won't starve-they just keep putting things in their mouths till something tastes like food!
Love the new house-it looks spacious!

Jessie said...

your new house looks great! how long will you be there? and i love that you document things, even when they are not ideal... like having your upstairs neighbor DIE...?! what?! and we are happy your girls didn't eat any of the sharp objects they were chewing on. i still think you deserve mother of the year award. :)

Josh and Kelly said...

Love this. Marissa and Ellie are kindred spirits. Good thing they weren't the Dominican babies or who knows what they could have found! So happy for your new place, and I love Emmy's excited faces- she looks exactly like you!!!