Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Coming home decor

Cavan coming home was honestly, a little sad--we had cute matching outfits for the kids- and I had a vision of them wearing them as they met their brother. Everyone laughing and smiling as they opened little gifts from Cavanaugh and I took pictures of everyone's first meeting... what ended up happening was us sneaking in the back door- after the kids were asleep- well after 10:00 pm-- and hiding in the back bedroom the whole next day so we weren't polluted by the sickness of the home.
Papa, josh and the kids got a purple balloon (not pictured)- Ellie tied this welcome ribbon
And the girls drew all kinds of welcome pictures-- 
I put this on the table and decided to take pictures of them holding him (minus Emmy) the first time in their little welcome clothes-- and we can just keep the presents for later-- they are just happy to have him now-- and I'm really the only one who had a vision of what I thought would happen-- and I couldn't have asked for a more perfect baby-- so even though it's not what I imagined-- it was fine-- and will be a great story later ;)

1 comment:

Borchardt's said...

He is so cute!!! I love all these posts! It feels like I was there! I'm so sorry Emmy got so sick that is always my fear when I have a baby! I absolutely love the naked pics of ur kids.. U need to put them all together in a frame or something.. I LOVE the car seat! Seriously so cute! U are so talented.. So fun coming on and seeing ur family and feeling like I was apart of it all.. Thanks for posting!